Bake cakes and cookies, then show them off in our Formby Show Tent. This is the classic competition, from the original Formby Show, for bakers of all ages. It is free to enter, to win trophies, rosettes and certificates.
Contestants may enter as many categories as they want:
4 Cup Cakes
A Plate of Cookies
A Show Stopper Cake
7 and under
8 -11 years
Entries should be brought to the main gate at Duke Street Park by 11am on Saturday 18th July 2020.
Entries are displayed to the public during Saturday and Sunday.
Entries should be collected, with prizes, between 4pm and 5pm on Sunday 19th July.
• Submissions must be home cooked and not shop bought.
• Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
• All submissions become the property of Formby Festival until collected by the competitor.
• Uncollected items will be disposed of at 5pm on Sunday 19th July.
• Contestants may work individually or with a team.
• Prizes will be awarded to 1 member/1 team only, not each individual within a team.
• Judging is based on taste, texture and appearance on the Saturday morning.
• Prizes will be announced on Saturday 18th July at 12 noon.
• The decisions of the judges are final. Appeals will not be considered.
• The 4 Cup Cakes may be regular or mini in size, presented on one paper plate.
• The Plate of Cookies may be any number, any size, up to 6, presented on one paper plate.
• The Show Stopper may be one or more layers presented on a cake board.